20081226

IN THE LIGHT


1 JOHN 1:7If we walk in the light, as He is in
the light the blood of Jesus Christ
His Son cleanseth us from all sin.

IN THE LIGHT

God with us, Emmanuel,
True Light delivered in the dark;
The Way, The Truth, The Life,
Breathes the scent of blood and pain.

Ahead of us the Shepherd,
Walks with rod and staff;
Warning, watching, waiting,
Calling each of us by name.

Behind us the Savior,
Bleeds and dies on a cross;
Suffering, searching, saving,
Releasing His spirit from the pain.

Pure, holy, undiminished,
Filtered of everything evil;
Hope and peace and joy,
Abound on every pathway.

J. E. P.122608

PLACED IN THE LIGHT
If we walk in the light, as He is in the light
the blood of Jesus Christ His Son
cleanseth us from all sin.

1 John 1:7

To mistake conscious freedom from sin for deliverance from sin by the
Atonement is a great error. No man knows what sin is until he is born
again. Sin is what Jesus Christ faced on Calvary. The evidence that I
am delivered from sin is that I know the real nature of sin in me. It
takes the last reach of the Atonement of Jesus Christ, that is, the im-
partation of His absolute perfection, to make a man know what sin is.

The Holy Spirit applies the Atonement to us in the unconscious realm
as well as in the realm of which we are conscious, and it is only
when we get a grasp of the unrivalled power of the Spirit in us that
we understand the meaning of 1 John 1:7, "the blood of Jesus Christ
cleanseth us from all sin." This does not refer to conscious sin
only, but to the tremendously profound understanding of sin which
only the Holy Ghost in me realizes.

If I walk in the light as God is in the light, not in the light of my
conscience, but in the light of God - if I walk there, with nothing
folded up, then there comes the amazing revelation, the blood of
Jesus Christ cleanses me from all sin so that God Almighty can see
nothing to censure in me. In my consciousness it works with a keen
poignant knowledge of what sin is. The love of God at work in me
makes me hate with the hatred of the Holy Ghost all that is not in
keeping with God's holiness. To walk in the light means that
everything that is of the darkness drives me closer into the
centre of the light.

MY UTMOST
FOR HIS HIGHEST

Oswald Chambers

Christ, by highest heaven adored, Christ, the everlasting Lord,
Late in time behold him come, Offspring of a virgin's womb.
Veiled in flesh the Godhead see; Hail, the incarnate Deity,
Pleased as Man with man to dwell, Jesus our Immanuel!
-- Charles Wesley

No comments: