20110616

UP


UP
When the going gets tough
Tender hearts look UP
Up to where the eagles fly
Up to the Lord on high

When the road gets hard
Humble hearts keep climbing
Up to where the Spirit lives
Up to where the angels sing

When the future seems bleak
Hopeful servants press on
Up to the Cross that promises life
Up to where our Savior died

When heaven's skies are dark
Faithful saints rest in God's love
Assured in their redeemed heart
The only way to look is UP

JEFF
2011

Eternal Perspective

When you begin to see heaven as your true home, you can develop an eternal perspective that sees all sorrows as passing.

"It is possible to trust God in all things," says Dr. Joseph Stowell. "You may have a hard time getting there, but you won't get there unless you believe in the world to come. If this is all you have, if it's just this world, then bitterness is your only option.

"But if you believe that there is a God who is higher than you are and wiser than you are, and He has a world prepared for you where all Christians will be together again and be with Him in absolute joy and bliss, then that brings strength to your sorrow."

Place your trust in God and in His preparations and plans for you.

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am" (John 14:1-3).

Lord and Savior, I trust that You will someday bring me home to live in heaven with You. For now, I need to try and look at my sorrows in light of eternity. The things of this world are much clearer when I have a higher perspective. Amen.

--------------------------------------------------------
Elisabeth Elliot

No comments: